Saturday, January 21, 2006

Stanthorpe and still going...

Last week I was out in the bush and farmland of Australia in Stanthorpe about 3 hours southwest of Brisbane. My Frontiers DTS spent a week at the "Liberty Prayer Base" having lectures and some nice quiet solitude away from the base.
It was so good to get away from the busyness around the base and have some time out in the country walking along the farms and hiking in the woods. I even saw a kangaroo in the wild :) We got to visit 2 farms and talk and pray with the families that work on them. Being out in nature and appreciating God's creation helped me to focus more on what the Lord wanted to show me. It was so awesome because I really got to understand God's love more clearly. In 1 John 4:16 -17 it says, "God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us..." To understand that God "IS" love just blows my mind. When I act loving towards someone I am actually sharing God (who is love) with them, thus if I act unloving towards someone I am actually holding back God's love from them. No wonder God's greatest commandment was to love the Lord your God! And then I went on to comprehend the love that is shared between a husband and a wife who are bond together in unity through marriage. The love that they see in each other is actually God in that person! Wow, the greatest gift God can give me is my future husband because it will be the closest to God's love I can ever experience! Anyways, it was a good week for me and the Lord is continuing to reveal himself to me more and more everyday. I only have 2 more weeks of lectures before outreach to Vanuatu. Please keep me and my team in your prayers. Love you all heaps! Court

No comments: